Flush Mount Retainer Corner Guards
- Product Details
- Technical Specs
The Flush Mount Retainer Corner Guard sits flush against the wall creating a consistent transition between the corner guard and the wall.
- Aluminum retainer and screw-on fasteners.
- Snap-on textured vinyl cover and two textured vinyl end caps (available in 10 economy colors).
- Aluminum mounting
- Vinyl cover (Wallprotex produces vinyl corner guards from top UL fire-rated material. Vinyl is a popular choice for interiors and construction projects due to the material’s chemical and mold resistance, and the ease of cleaning)
- Aluminum Retainer
- Vinyl Cover
Note: Stock Length material does not always have squared ends and may require squaring in the field. If space is available use a minimum 12’ long cutting bench to allow the installer to cut the material without having to turn it around.
Note: The factory recommends using back up channels at stud wall conditions. Check to ensure the anchors supplied by the factory will work with the type of wall substrate on the project.
- After framing is completed, install gypsum wall board on the steel stud framing using the proper drywall setback measurements for the correct type of flush mount corner guard.
- Mark the locations for the fasteners on the aluminum retainer. Fasteners should be placed 3” for the top and bottom, then 14” O.C., be sure to stagger fasteners on opposite sides of the retainer.
- Position the aluminum retainer over the framing at the corner. Ensure that the retainer’s flanges over lap on the gypsum wall board and that the retainer is properly aligned with the wall. Using the marks on the retainer (Step 2) install the retainer on the corner by securing the retainer to the steel stud on each side of the corner with self drilling, self tapping screws provided. Ensure that the retainer’s flanges remain correctly lapped over the gypsum drywall as they are attached to the steel stud.
- Cover the exposed flanges of the aluminum retainer with drywall joint compound (by others). Feather the edges as necessary.
- If the corner guard is less than the full height of the wall, or trimming is required, measure and cut the vinyl cover to the correct size.
- Snap the vinyl cover onto the retainer. This is done by inserting one side of the cover along the height of the retainer, and starting at one end, pressing the opposite side of the cover onto the retainer until is snaps into place.
Note: For flush mount corner guards that are floor to ceiling in height, the aluminum retainer and vinyl cover length is designed to go 1” above the finish ceiling.
- For best results, the use of liquid cleaners such as “409”, “Fantastic”, “Mr. Clean”, etc. are recommended. The use of powder cleansers is not recommended, use of such cleaners can leave residue which is difficult to remove.
- Do not use chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbons, esters or ketones to clean Wallprotex vinyl products. Avoid the use of heavy degreasers, compounds containing surfactants, and abrasive compounds or cleaning devices.
Wallprotex vinyl corner guard covers are produced from top UL fire-rated material. Vinyl is a popular choice for interiors and construction projects due to the material’s chemical and mold resistance, and the ease of cleaning.
- © 2019 Wallprotex
- All Rights Reserved
- Wall Protection Designed & Manufactured in the USA Since 1997