Vinyl Wall Base
- Product Details
Flexible vinyl wall base is a durable, economic answer to the wear and tear of heavy traffic areas. A necessity in any commercial building, vinyl wall base provides exceptional wall protection and prevents future maintenance costs of painting and repairing damaged walls.
60’ rolls of flexible vinyl wall base.
Accessories available: cove base adhesive and spreaders.
Available in 5 standard colors.
- Enough linear feet of vinyl wall base for your project (factor in 5 - 10% for waste/scrap).
- Utility knife.
- Wall base adhesive:
- One 30 oz. cartridge is good for 60 linear feet of wall base.
- One quart of base adhesive is good for 60 linear feet of wall base.
- One gallon of base adhesive is good for 240 linear feet of wall base.
- Application equipment, for applying base adhesive:
- method A - cartridge gun and snozzle
- method B - cartridge gun and notched trowel
- method C - a notched trowel with a tub of adhesive (either 1 quart or 1 gallon)
- Speed square (optional)
- Cutting surface (any scrap piece of wood)
- Scribing tool (if outside corners are required)
- Wet rag
- Allow wall base to lie flat for 24 hours prior to installation at a room temperature of 65° - 75°.
- Wall surfaces must be clean, dry, and free from dust and grease. Wipe the wall surface with a solvent to assure all grease, loose paint, dust and dirt are removed. Make sure that the cleaning solvent used will not damage the finish on the wall surface.
- Do not install the wall base directly over metal, ceramic tile, rigid vinyl wall sheet, or other non-porous surfaces. Overlap these materials with the top 1/4” of the wall base.
- Lay the wall base out, ribbed side up along the wall that the base is to be applied to. Mark the base in order to cut to length, make the piece of wall base a couple inches longer than required in order to make a square cut.
- Along the back side (ribbed side) of the wall base apply adhesive to 85% of the back surface using one of the above listed application methods. Leave a 1/4” space at the top of the wall base free of adhesive in order to prevent oozing along the top edge of the wall base.
- Starting at one edge of the wall place the adhesive side of the wall base to the wall a press firmly, continue to press the wall base to the wall across the entire length of the wall base to ensure good adhesion.
- Clean up any excessive adhesive by running a wet rag down the entire length of the wall base.
- Using a speed square cut off the excess along the second wall from step #1.
Cut a V-shaped notch in the toe of the wall base at the desired location of the inside corner. Check the fit before applying adhesive, if fit is good apply adhesive in the same manner as above and install the inside corner. You may also create an inside corner by running the first piece of wall base square to the wall, then cut a 45° and in the toe of the second piece of wall base to form the corner.
Mark the location of the corner that is to be formed. Using a scribing tool, place a shallow groove on the back of the wall base no deeper than 20% the thickness of the wall base along the entire height of the base. Check the fit before applying adhesive, if the fit is good apply adhesive in the same manner as above and install the outside corner.
- © 2019 Wallprotex
- All Rights Reserved
- Wall Protection Designed & Manufactured in the USA Since 1997