- Product Details
Chair Rails protect the walls in the conference room, office, waiting room or lobby from damage from chairs. Available in our full line of standard and custom colors, designers can match existing designs or create a whole palette with other Wallprotex wall protection products.
- Vinyl Cover (textured and snap-on)
- Aluminum retainer
- End caps priced separately
Wallprotex vinyl covers are produced using a high quality UL fire-rated material, and contain 50% recycled content. Vinyl is a popular choice for interiors and construction projects due to the material's chemical and mold resistance, and the ease of cleaning.
- Right-hand End Cap
- Left-hand End Cap
- Aluminum Retainer
- Outside Corner Assembly
- Vinyl Cover
Note: Stock Length material does not always have squared ends and may require squaring in the field. If space is available use a minimum 12’ long cutting bench to allow the installer to cut the material without having to turn it around.
Note: When splices occur (runs over 12’-0”), always splice the aluminum retainers, vinyl covers, and impact bumper at different locations along the run. The minimum required spacing between the splice locations is 6”.
Note: The factory recommends using back up channels at stud wall conditions.
- Using the correct plans and layout guides, determine the location of the top of the chair rail. Using a chalk line, snap a line along the wall 1/8” below the desired height to locate the top of the aluminum retainer.
- Select a section of the aluminum retainer. Mark the locations for the anchor holes on the retainer, centering the anchor holes along the center channel of the retainer. Anchors are spaced 16” O.C. MAXIMUM with an anchor a maximum of 3” from the end of the retainer. Drill the anchor holes through the retainer at the marked locations. Repeat this step for each retainer. If necessary adjust spacing to accommodate studs. Use a #15 (.180”) drill bit for #8 fasteners, or a #7 (.201”) bit for #10 and 3/16” fasteners. Drill point fasteners may be used without pre-drilling the aluminum retainers on drywall installations having a continuous metal backing channel or studs.
Note: Observe all safety precautions when drilling to avoid all utilities and re-bar.
- Begin installation of the aluminum retainers at corners allowing for the molded accessories. Use the appropriate accessory as a spacing template. To install the aluminum retainer, align the top of the retainer with the chalk line on the wall and fasten the retainer to the wall using the appropriate hardware.
- Drywall with metal backing channel: #8 or #10 drill point drywall screw or #8 or #10 drill point pan head or hex washer head sheet metal screw.
- Drywall without a stud or backing channel: Plastic Alligator® insert with a #8 or #10 pan head or hex washer head sheet metal screw or a 3/16” Toggler® brand toggle bolt with a pan head machine screw.
- If outside corners are required, assemble them at this point. The outside corners consist of a left-hand end cap and a corner adapter. Using a #10-1/2” screw attach the adapter to the end cap. Next attach all end caps and outside corners to the aluminum retainer by backing out the mounting screw at the end of the retainer, fit the end cap or corner into the retainer and re-drive the mounting screw, do not over tighten, as this could damage the molded part.
- Measure between the molded accessories, cut the vinyl cover accordingly. Miter cut the vinyl cover for all angles not accommodated by the molded accessories. All cuts must be square and deburred.
- Place the vinyl cover along the bottom of the appropriate aluminum retainer, pushing upwards along the length of the cover snap it into place on the aluminum retainer.
- For best results, the use of liquid cleaners such as 409®, fantastik®, Mr. Clean®, etc. are recommended. The use of powder cleansers is not recommended, use of such cleaners can leave residue which is difficult to remove.
- Do not use chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbons, esters or ketones to clean Wallprotex vinyl products. Avoid the use of heavy degreasers, compounds containing surfactants, and abrasive compounds or cleaning devices.
- © 2019 Wallprotex
- All Rights Reserved
- Wall Protection Designed & Manufactured in the USA Since 1997