Crescent Wall Guards
- Product Details
Wallprotex surface mount wall guards utilize three layers of impact absorption to provide superior long-term wall protection. The aluminum retainer and vinyl impact absorber are concealed by a replaceable, snap-on vinyl cover, uniquely combining the benefits of greater visual appeal and the increased durability necessary for high-impact environments.
- Aluminum retainer
- Textured snap-on cover (.080 thick)
- Snap-on impact absorber (end caps priced separately)
- Wallprotex vinyl impact absorbers and covers are produced using a high quality UL fire-rated material, and contain 50% recycled content. Vinyl is a popular choice for interiors and construction projects due to the material's chemical and mold resistance, and the ease of cleaning.
- Left/Right End Cap
- Aluminum Retainer
- Corner Adapter
- Outside Corner
- Vinyl Cover
- Impact Absorber
Note: Stock Length material does not always have squared ends and may require squaring in the field. If space is available use a minimum 12’ long cutting bench to allow the installer to cut the material without having to turn it around.
Note: When splices occur (runs over 12’-0”), always splice the aluminum retainers, vinyl covers, and impact bumper at different locations along the run. The minimum required spacing between the splice locations is 6”.
Note: The factory recommends using back up channels at stud wall conditions.
- Using the correct plans and layout guides, determine the location of the top of the wall guard. Using a chalk line, snap a line along the wall 1/8” below the desired height to locate the top of the aluminum retainer.
- Once the wall guard is laid out, mark any required cuts to each aluminum retainer and cut to correct length. For any corners that are not 90° the aluminum retainer should be miter cut to accommodate the corner.
Note: All cuts must be square and deburred.
- Select a section of the aluminum retainer. Mark the locations for the anchor holes on the retainer, centering the anchor holes along the center channel of the retainer. Anchors are spaced 16” O.C. MAXIMUM with an anchor a maximum of 3” from the end of the retainer. Drill the anchor holes through the retainer at the marked locations. Repeat this step for each retainer. If necessary adjust spacing to accommodate studs. Use a #15 (.180”) drill bit for #8 fasteners, or a #7 (.201”) bit for #10 and 3/16” fasteners. Drill point fasteners may be used without pre-drilling the aluminum retainers on drywall installations having a continuous metal backing channel or studs.
Note: Observe all safety precautions when drilling to avoid all utilities and re-bar.
- Begin installation of the aluminum retainers at corners allowing for the molded accessories. Use the appropriate accessory as a spacing template. To install the aluminum retainer, align the top of the retainer with the chalk line on the wall and fasten the retainer to the wall using the appropriate hardware.
- Drywall with metal backing channel: #8 or #10 drill point drywall screw or #8 or #10 drill point pan head or hex washer head sheet metal screw.
- Drywall without a stud or backing channel: Plastic Alligator® insert with a #8 or #10 pan head or hex washer head sheet metal screw or a 3/16” Toggler® brand toggle bolt with a pan head machine screw.
- Install end caps and outside corners as required. Use a flat washer at the molded components mounting tabs to prevent damage to the molded part caused by excessive tightening of the fastener. Then cut (if required) and place the impact bumper to the center of the aluminum retainer and snap into place.
Note: The impact bumpers should be 1” short of the end of the retainer on both sides to allow for the end caps and corners to fit properly.
- Measure between the molded accessories, cut the vinyl cover accordingly. Miter cut the vinyl cover for all angles not accommodated by the molded accessories. All cuts must be square and deburred.
- Place the vinyl cover along the bottom of the appropriate aluminum retainer, pushing upwards along the length of the cover snap it into place on the aluminum retainer.
- For best results, the use of liquid cleaners such as 409®, fantastik®, Mr. Clean®, etc. are recommended. The use of powder cleansers is not recommended, use of such cleaners can leave residue which is difficult to remove.
- Do not use chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbons, esters or ketones to clean Wallprotex vinyl products. Avoid the use of heavy degreasers, compounds containing surfactants, and abrasive compounds or cleaning devices.
What if I need to order a length other than the options displayed?
If you need to order a custom length please contact Customer Service for more information. Custom length items may be subject to minimum orders are non-returnable.
- © 2020 Wallprotex
- All Rights Reserved
- Wall Protection Designed & Manufactured in the USA Since 1997