- Corner Guards (polycarbonate)
- Corner Guards (textured vinyl)
- Rub Rail
- Wall Sheet
- Holes & Fasteners
- Custom Products
- Shipping & Returns
- Lead Times
- What size corner guards do we carry?
- What specialty profiles do we carry?
Bullnose and 135° both with 2.5″
- What is the radius on a bullnose corner guard?
Bullnose outside radius is 0.84″ and inside radius is 0.75″
- What is the tolerance on a specialty cut length?
Corner Guards (polycarbonate)
- Can I cut the polycarbonate corner guards down?
While it is possible, it is very difficult. We recommend ordering a custom size.
Corner Guards (textured vinyl)
- What material is used for textured vinyl corner guards?
Wallprotex produces vinyl corner guards from top UL fire-rated material.
- Will these corner guards work on a knock down textured wall?
The textured vinyl with the foam tape would work better.
- Can we make a bullnose stainless steel corner guard?
- What is the thickness of the rub rail?
- How strong is the double sided tape?
The tape is intended to be a permanent installation method. When installed correctly, removing the corner guard will likely remove paint or drywall.
- What kind of tape is used on the Polycarbonate corner guards?
The Polycarbonate corner guards use a clear acrylic double sided adhesive with a clear PET film liner. The tape used on all Polycarbonate corner guards is much thinner than the foam tape used on the Vinyl corner guards in order to maintain clarity for clear corner guard installations.
- What kind of tape is used on the Vinyl corner guards?
The Vinyl corner guards use a double sided rubber based foam adhesive with a thickness of 1/32”.
- Are there any installations in which I can’t use double sided tape?
Polycarbonate - Because the tape used on Polycarbonate corner guards is a thin film liner, it is intended for use only on smooth wall surfaces. The use of this tape on textured or porous surfaces such as stucco, masonry, and other drywall textures is not recommended. If installation on a highly textured surface is required, consider utilizing the Holes and Fasteners option.
Vinyl – The foam tape used on Vinyl corner guards is the better option when choosing tape as your fastening option. The tape is thicker and more flexible, allowing it to conform to lightly textured or uneven surfaces. If installation on a highly textured surface is required, it is best to consider ordering your parts with no tape or holes and using construction adhesive.
- Are these tapes pressure sensitive?
Yes, both the Polycarbonate and Vinyl tapes are pressure sensitive. When installing corner guards using tape it is important that firm, even pressure is applied to the entire length.
- What is the fire rating on the wall sheet?
Its class 1A fire rated.
- Does adhesive come with the corner guards?
No, adhesive is not included with the purchase of corner guards. If you select No Fasteners as your fastening option, you may choose to purchase construction adhesive from us separately. It is listed under the Accessories page.
- What type of adhesive should I use?
For most standard drywall installations, a generic construction adhesive is a great choice. There are a wide variety of options available, check the label on your adhesive to ensure that it will work for your specific application.
- When should I use adhesive to install my corner guards?
Generally speaking, glue or adhesive should be used whenever you need a permanent or heavy duty installation. Adhesive is a universal installation method that allows the user to make small adjustments during the install due to its long cure time. It is easy to administer and creates a strong bond on any wall surface.
Holes & Fasteners
- What types/size of fasteners are included if I select ‘With Fasteners’ as my installation method?
¾” Size – The ¾” corner guards do not come with pre-drilled holes due to their size. Instead, included are 1” long finish drive nails. These are designed to be driven easily directly through the corner guard and provide a finished look.
All other sizes – All sizes except ¾” come with pre-drilled countersunk holes. We include #6 x 1” long nickel plated Phillips-head screws. These are course-thread finish screws intended for installation into drywall.
- How far apart are the holes?
The hole spacing depends on the size of corner guard you are selecting. If you need exact measurements, please contact Customer Service.
- Are the holes counter-sunk?
Yes, all holes drilled into our corner guards are counter sunk to accept the included screws.
- What’s the difference between Polycarbonate and Vinyl materials?
The Polycarbonate material has a smooth, glossy finish, and the Vinyl material is textured with more of a matte finish.
- What is the difference between the Paintable and Vinyl materials?
The main differences between the two are texture and surface finish. The paintable material has an orange peel texture and is given a surface finish that promotes paint adhesion. The vinyl material has a hair cell texture and is intended to be used as a finish product.
- Do I need to prime the Paintable corner guards before painting?
Yes, using a good quality primer is always recommended to achieve the best results.
- Is there a recommended type of paint to use with the Paintable corner guards?
Any water based paint including acrylic or latex is a good choice. While any type of sheen will work, a semi-gloss or high-gloss finish paint can help hide scuffs and scratches. Check with your local paint supplier for recommendations.
- What type of material is the Adjustable Angle corner guard made from?
The flexible angle corner guard is made from PETG, a clear and flexible plastic material.
- Is there a specific type of paint required?
Wallprotex advises using a water-based paint for the best results. High gloss paint is also recommended as it prevents scuffs and scratches on the surface of the guard.
- Are the paintable corner guards different from the textured vinyl corner guards?
Wallprotex paintable corner guards are surface treated and have the highest ASTM rating for paint adhesion. Also the textures are different between the Paintable and Textured Vinyl Corner Guards.
- What is the texture of the paintable corner guard?
The paintable corner guard has an orange peel texture designed specifically for optimal paint adhesion
- Do we have MSDS sheet on the paintable corner guards?
- What if I need to order a length other than the options displayed?
If you need to order a custom length please contact Customer Service for more information. Custom length items may be subject to minimum orders and are non-returnable.
- Can I cut corner guards to a custom length myself?
While not recommended, it is possible to cut most types of corner guards in the field. If you need to we recommend using a fine tooth miter saw blade with a minimum of 80 teeth. Always be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Keep in mind that plastic is brittle and has a tendency to crack and break when cutting, and be sure to brace or clamp the material as you cut. If you are uncomfortable with this process, always feel free to contact Customer Service to receive a quote on precut custom length items.
- What is the tolerance on a custom length product?
All custom cut products have a tolerance of +/- 1/8”.
- Can I paint corner guards other than the Paintable corner guard line?
Sure! If you need to paint a corner guard that isn’t from our WX12 Paintable series, there are a few steps we would recommend to ensure good paint adhesion.
1. Sand or scuff the surface of the corner guard using 120 grit sandpaper or a scouring pad
2. Prime the corner guard with a plastics primer
3. Use multiple light coats of paint to avoid drips and uneven paint texture
- How do I cut Wall Sheet or Rub Rail?
Wall Sheet and Rub Rail are safest and easiest to cut using a utility knife or box cutter. Using a straight edge, make a few light scoring passes before cutting completely through the material.
- What if the product I’m looking for isn’t listed on the website?
The products and series shown on our website are representative of our core offerings, but we are constantly expanding our product line to meet the needs within the industry, and pride ourselves in our ability to work on custom projects. If you are looking for a custom solution or working on a project and have questions, please contact Customer Service for more information.
Shipping & Returns
- How will my order be shipped?
Most orders will be shipped direct via UPS Ground. Orders containing 12’ long parts, such as WX6 Wall Guards, will require shipment via a LTL Freight Carrier. If your order must be shipped via freight, you will be contacted after placing your order by a Customer Service Representative.
- Will I be notified when my order ships?
Yes, you will receive an email with your carrier and tracking information on the day that your order is shipped.
- How do you determine shipping costs?
The shipping rates displayed at checkout are based on the size and weight of the items ordered. The UPS Ground prices shown reflect the actual cost of your shipment. Due to the length of the products additional shipping and handling costs are included in the quoted price.
- What if I need to expedite the shipping for my order?
The default shipping rate displayed at checkout is UPS Ground transit. If you need your shipment to be expedited, please contact Customer Service before completing your order to receive quotes and determine what transit times are available.
- Which items are returnable?
Any corner guard within the WX1, WX2, or WX3 Series in an Economy color or Clear is returnable. All custom length and Specialty color items are non-returnable. All items to be returned must be in new, unused condition.
- How do I return my items?
If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, please contact Customer Service directly in order to process a return for your items. All returns may be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- What is the lead time for my order?
Items in stock ship within 1-3 business days. If your order includes any items that need to be manufactured the lead time is 5-10 business days to allow ample time for production.
- How do I know if my order is in stock?
Once your order is placed, you'll receive a receipt as well as a follow-up email from a customer service representative. This email will contain the projected lead time for your order.
- What if I need my order to be rushed?
- Do you offer volume based discounts?
Wallprotex currently offers volume based discounts for all corner guard items purchased online. Once you’ve selected your product details and entered a quantity, the discount will automatically be removed. There is also an option to view the discount tiers by clicking the “Volume Discounts” link under the product details section.
- How can I set up an account with you for frequent ordering?
Our Customer Service department will be happy to discuss account options and assist you with getting your account started. This usually involves a short phone call to collect your information and discuss your company’s needs.
- Do you offer any additional discounts?
Commercial and contractor discount rates are evaluated based on a case-by-case basis, please call Customer Service to determine if you and your company may qualify for an additional discount tier.
- What is the difference between the Economy color palette and the other color palettes?
For all Vinyl products there are 10 Standard Economy colors available. These 10 colors represent the most common and most readily available color options. Polycarbonate products are only available in Clear and the 10 Polycarbonate colors. All vinyl colors in palettes B, C, D, and Wildwood are considered specialty colors and are made-to-order.
- What is the Wildwood Collection?
The Wildwood palette consists of various faux wood and other laminate finishes that can be applied to vinyl corner guards. Please contact Customer Service for a custom quote if you are interested in the Wildwood collection.
- Do you ship color samples?
Yes, color samples are readily available and ship for free. You may place an order through the website or contact Customer Service directly.
- Do you offer custom color matching?
Yes, we are able to match your custom color. The requirements for a custom color match vary depending on the product line, quantity and desired lead time. Contact Customer Service for more information.
- Will the color fade over time?
All plastic has a tendency to fade with age. Our materials contain a UV inhibitor to help slow this process. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will dramatically intensify the discoloration.
- Can I install these products for outdoor use?
Corner guards are not intended for exterior use. Prolonged exposure to direct UV light will prematurely deteriorate both vinyl and polycarbonate, affecting color quality and overall durability of the material.
- What is the radius on a bullnose corner guard?
Outside radius is .84”, the inside radius is .75”.
- © 2019 Wallprotex
- All Rights Reserved
- Wall Protection Designed & Manufactured in the USA Since 1997